Wednesday 24 August 2011

Chanting with Humility.



In this age of Kali, where everyone is disturbed, always full of anxieties, and where life is very short, people are generally not interested in transcendental subject matter.

So here, in this age, if we want to rise to the transcendental platform, we must follow the recommendations of the Vedic Litreature: kalau tad dhari kirtanat. Lord Chaitanya introduced this process of transcendental meditation. This Hare Krsna sound vibration is nondifferent from Krsna.

The transcendental sound vibration will immediately carry one to the transcendental platform. In the material world there is a difference between water and the word water or between flower and the word flower. But in the spiritual absolute world, there is no such difference.

So when we chant Hare Krsna, in a humble state of mind we are praying to the energy of the Supreme Lord and the Supreme Lord Himself: "Please pick me up. Please pick me up. I am the most fallen and I am in the bodily concept of life. I am in this material existence. I am suffering. Please pick me up to the spiritual platform, so that I will be happy".

SRILA PRABHUPADA

No comments:

Post a Comment